Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to School

Sigh...sigh...sigh...
Lets have a few minutes of silence in respect for our greatest loss:

...the demise of semester holidays..
I'm still in denial..sigh..I'll be going back to KL next week to start my fourth year. 7 weeks have passed..Can you believe it? It's going to be another tough year, though I hope I won't be as blur as I was starting my 3rd year. At least I know my way around the hospital now..won't get lost that much I hope.

Oh well, at least I've got something and someone to look forward to when I'm in KL. =p My interior designer has anounced that my room is ready! I simply can't wait!

So what have I been doing during my 7 weeks of holidays you may ask? Well check it out:
1. Elective posting
2. Loose 10 pounds
3. Exercise at least 4 days a week
4. Finish my cross stitch
5. Go on a vacation
6. Continue my guitar lessons
7. Learn something fun & try not to look ridiculous ie: dance class, yoga
8. Learn to cook
9. Go visit national museum, zoo, birdpark
10. Spend time with family
11. Spend time with significant other...=p
12. Learn how to speak Chinese without sounding like I'm cursing in gibberish
13. Read up some 4th year stuff
14. Earn some money

Don't you agree I'm one heck of a person? ....to have planned ALL THOSE and managed to do only my elective (which is not elective at all...it was compulsory), visited the birdpark and no. 11 & 12. Instead, I've lost only 2 pounds, exercise when I felt like it, did not learn anything except the art of doing nothing, spent loads of money and I still speak Chinese like I used to. Hmmph...I should have added no. 15:

15. Regret that I didn't do most of the above.

Because I always manage to get that one done. You know the saying if you fail to plan, you plan to fail? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm always planning..I even plan to plan. Maybe for me the saying should go something like if you fail to execute, you will be executed...

Well, here's a message to all the incoming 4th years who actually read my blog:
Try to find the 'fun' in the mundane and if you can't, try to make your own fun! Help each other out, don't fight but gossip more, eat less, don't bully the juniors and be nice to Stella! =p

6 comments:

Em said...

i did the elective posting, lost a lil weight (didnt weigh, just judging by looks je), hardly exercised, read three chapters in my french for dummies, read the first chapter on signs and symptoms of psychiatry and ended up diagnosing myself with a dozen of them, and spent a lot of money.

sigh stella you be nice to caryn too...

Gine said...

Hahahaa :) All the best in your 4th year, Stella! And hope you have some time to blog once in a while. Would love to read from you :) Take care girl *hugs*

~YM~ said...

muahaha..waiting for u to be back in KL

sign, sealed, delivered, I'm yours.. :P

chingyeen said...

Caryn- Haha..come visit me!..i'll be super bored and blur..oh well, let's hope we get the same posting again!

Gine- Haha..i'll try. But as far as I hear, there is no internet connection in my new place so..=S

YM- How I wish you could fit yourself into a FedEx envelope...=))))))

Em said...

stella i miss yooouuuuu..... yea i wanna be with you in the same posting again!

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Ching Yeen,

Hey, hey! How you doing? Good by the sounds of it...We haven't seen each other in a long time...

Happen to stumble on your blog...

Hope all is going ok with you and family--send my regards. Don't worry about the weight. I have managed to not lose weight, in say, forever, so there you go!

-Research update: Marquees have hypnosis properties------Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils (Louis Hector Berlioz)------The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.(Robert Bloch)------Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.(Maryon Pearson)------Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.(Will Rogers)------Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.(Erma Bombeck)------A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.(Fred Allen)------Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.------The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.------When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.------If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.------To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.------Drive carefully, 90% of people are accidents.------Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming.------

HTML Frames Templates