Saturday, April 18, 2009

What a week!

I had one of the most exciting week throughout this holiday period!!

Firstly, YeeMing dropped by to Ipoh and I had a lot of planning to do. I'm sure everyone thinks that the bestest place on earth is your hometown, not excluding myself. But when it's time to bring someone to tour around, it's a different thing all together. I guess it's the expectation that you have to bring them to look, see and touch things. But most of the time, the true beauty of the place is well, the people and those memories, I guess.

But I think we made the best of it. At the very least, I did not get lost that much. And we even flew a kite! (Actually, it was a smiley kite Caryn and I bought on the way to Tanjong Karang which never flew much..) So we thought of doing it justice and try to fly it in ipoh's polo ground. So despite the very real threat of looking ridiculous as we were both newbies at this challenging sport, we went ahead anyway. And we did it! We flew!!!

Smiley was so happy!


Next, Yeeming went back to kl and brought the tour guide home as well. It was my turn for a kl trip! Haha..actually I went back because I had to register for my new apartment. After I was almost eaten by the evil office lady and her bungling registration system, I finally managed to get to my new room. No thanks to Mrs. Evil.

Here are some pics of my new hole:


I actually managed to fit a bed, a cupboard, two shelves and a soon to be table.



But.. failed in taking a decent picture. I couldn't even manouvre the camera far enough. The room was too small for a photograph! Lol...i know it's a lame excuse for a terrible shot..but it's true!


A special thanks to Yeeming for helping me with moving all my junk, which i swear is replicating itself. There is no way a person can have so much stuff. And to think I've got to fit it into a roughly 2m by 2m room!

The very next day, had an outing with the girls to Sunway Lagoon Theme Park! It was fun despite the fact that we had to carry floats up flights of stairs which gave me a kind of deja vu feeling. All that carrying gave me some buns of steel Mr. California governor would have been proud. Phew!



The next day, after so much talk and planning, we finally did it! We went bird-ing. Personally, I liked the bigger ones. Ostriches, emus and casawaries! We even saw a peacock trying to impress one hot chic by shaking it's feathers and making this weird sort of rattle-snake like sound. Which was totally a turn-off if you ask me. The peafowl was of the same opinion. She took one look and left.




I was being polite so I stayed around for a bit.


All in all, I had a blast! Just as an afterthought, anyone who might think of a trip to the bird park, might probably want to bring a cap along...in case of some unexpected surprises from above!

4 comments:

Em said...

whee! i know that top! hehe. and ok la since you know how to fly smiley already next time you can teach me. blog more blog more! i'm so bored at home i'm devouring any blog i come across!

~YM~ said...

lol!! D' ostrich flirting? Thought it was the peacock..:P

Glad u enjoy it somehow, despite all the rushing.. Muax!

chingyeen said...

YM: Oh crap! I changed it already. Hey, there were like hundreds of birds k..I just mixed two up..=p

caryn: Haha..so am i gonna see more posts from you then? I'm bored too. =(

Gine said...

Wow Stella, I really love your writing, especially these:

"I guess it's the expectation that you have to bring them to look, see and touch things. But most of the time, the true beauty of the place is well, the people and those memories, I guess."

" All that carrying gave me some buns of steel Mr. California governor would have been proud."

And I can't stop laughing as I read about peacock trying to impress a hot chick, and you being polite and stay back a little, HAHAHA! So funny!

And oh, good that you've settled down in your new room :)

-Research update: Marquees have hypnosis properties------Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils (Louis Hector Berlioz)------The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.(Robert Bloch)------Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.(Maryon Pearson)------Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.(Will Rogers)------Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.(Erma Bombeck)------A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.(Fred Allen)------Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.------The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.------When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.------If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.------To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.------Drive carefully, 90% of people are accidents.------Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming.------

HTML Frames Templates